Lake Wylie Doodles Health Warranty & Congenital Defects Warranty
Lake Wylie Doodles warrants that the Dog is in good health, is up to date on immunizations appropriate for its age and has had appropriate worming’s at the time the Buyer takes possession. To take advantage of this Health Warranty, the Buyer must:
1) Enroll in the no-cost 30-day pet insurance plan provided by Trupanion; and take the Dog to a licensed veterinarian for an examination within 72 hours of Buyer’s possession. If the Dog is found to be in poor health by a veterinarian within 72 hours of Buyer’s taking possession, the Buyer may: return the Dog to Lake Wylie Doodles at Buyer’s expense for a full refund; or keep the Dog. Lake Wylie Doodles will reimburse Buyer for all veterinary costs, up to the purchase price, related to treatment of pre-existing condition listed in contract, minus any amount(s) covered by pet insurance.
2) If Buyer fails to enroll in pet insurance for 30 days and the Dog is injured or sick, Buyer is responsible for whatever portion of the care costs that would otherwise be covered by pet insurance.
1) Pursuant to provisions listed in contract, Lake Wylie Doodles warrants that the Dog has no congenital defects.
2) Length of Warranty. This warranty against Congenital Defects is in effect for two years from the date Buyer first takes possession of the Dog.
3) Evidence of Defect. To avail itself of this warranty, Buyer must provide Lake Wylie Doodles with all veterinary reports, testing, or other evaluations performed on the Dog. Lake Wylie Doodles further reserves the right, at Lake Wylie Doodles expense, to have the Dog evaluated by a veterinarian of Lake Wylie Doodles choice. If the Dog should die from a suspected congenital defect during the warranty period, an autopsy must be performed at the Breeder’s expense by a veterinary teaching hospital or DVM acceptable to Lake Wylie Doodles own veterinarian. If the written statement from the veterinarian blames a congenital defect as the reason for the death, Lake Wylie Doodles will provide a remedy as detailed in the following section. This warranty is void if the veterinarian’s report is indeterminable or has an inconclusive diagnosis.
4) Remedy for Buyer. If it is determined during the Warranty period that the Dog does have a Congenital Defect, Lake Wylie Doodles may, in its sole and absolute discretion, choose to:
a) Accept return of the Dog and replace with another puppy.
b) Accept return of the Dog and refund Buyer up to Buyer’s purchase price; or
c) Lake Wylie Doodles may offer to pay veterinarian costs up to the original purchase price of the dog if Buyer wishes to keep the Dog.
Exclusions & Limitations:
1) No warranties expressed in this Agreement apply to viral illnesses, infections, bites, hernias, hypoglycemia, worms, Guardia, Coccidiosis, physical injury or any illness due to the ingestion of foreign objects, foods, or chemicals.
2) No warranty is made as to temperament. Buyer understands and accepts that Dog’s temperament is largely dependent upon Buyer’s treatment of the Dog.
3) No warranty is made as to eventual size, weight or color of the Dog.
4) No warranties or guarantees, expressed or implied, are made under this Agreement except as stated.
5) No warranty under this Agreement is transferable from Buyer to any third party.
6) Lake Wylie Doodles limits the Agreement to a pet only and there are no breeding rights to our dogs.